POSITION SUMMARY: Provides housekeeping, meal preparation, non-medical personal care, and local transportation (shop, doctor appts., pick-up Rx’s, pay bills)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide home management and maintenance including light housekeeping, make beds, change linens, wash dishes, laundry, and routine maintenance of the consumer’s home.
- Transport client to appointments if required by individual service plan and preform errands and shopping necessary for the maintenance of the consumer’s home.
- Provide assistance with personal hygiene to assure comfort, cleanliness, and appearance of the consumer.
- Provide assistance with consumer’s mobility to and from point “A” to point “B”.
- Assist in meal preparation and eating as determined by individual service plan or personal care plan.
- Assist with self-administered medication, prompting and reminding only.
- Be observant of the consumers change in behaviors/actions and promptly report significant changes to the supervisor. All other observations should be documented.
- Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy, state and federal law.
- Maintain current CPR/FA and other trainings/certification as required.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete and submit required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Preform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have ability to work independently in the consumers’ home.
- Must have ability to communicate and have clear boundaries with confidential consumer information.
- Must have basic home management; housekeeping, cooking, a documentation skills
- Must successfully complete all required training (CPR/FA, lifting and body mechanics, HIPPA, Incident management and all required trainings).
- Must have a negative TB test.
- Must have general experience in activities of daily living (ADL’S) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL”s)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus.
- Organizational skills.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal sills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: All services are provided in the consumer’s home; our goal is to prevent abuse, neglect, exploitation and premature institutionalization by providing in home support necessary for consumers to remain in their homes and live with dignity
- The physical environment requires the employee to work primarily inside. Some noise and interruptions are present.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and have full range of motion.
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- Travel within the local community.
Send your cover letter and resume, and application to Ted@lvfnm.org, or fax to (505) 565-1608 or mail application to P.O. Box 2040, Los Lunas, NM 87031 (Attn: Human Resources)
La Vida Felicidad, Inc., is an EOE/AA employer. Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.