POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Outreach and Development manager will be a strategic thought-partner with La Vida Felicidad’s leadership team. The Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for increased funding (grant/foundation or private donor). In addition, the manager will be responsible for marketing, public relations, event coordination, grant writing and an active community member on behalf of La Vida Felicidad.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and/or build stronger relationships with funding sources, donors, community members.
2. Researches and applies for local, state, federal and private foundation funding opportunities.
3. Research, assemble, grant content including proposals and narratives.
4. In collaboration with other program managers/directors consistently reviews grant budgets and deliverables and ensures timely submission of financial reports, billing, and other documents to ensure grant compliance.
5. Attends and participates in meetings related to grant matters and potential funding opportunities with community and state-wide stakeholders.
6. Create and maintain agency annual report.
7. Establish and coordinate agency special events to expand agency awareness and raise funds.
8. Lead programs with Grant writing/assimilation and/or presentations as needed.
9. Plan and implement marketing strategy, including advertising and public relations.
10. Responsible for development of agency marketing materials including agency brochures and review of program level marketing efforts.
11. Responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to support private donations and fundraising, inclusive of social media and mass communication efforts as appropriate.
12. Establish and build new agency collaborations and partnerships as appropriate.
13. Support programs when needed with programmatic fundraising.
14. Collaborate with agency stakeholders in implementing community initiatives to meet the needs of all communities served.
15. Work with Program Directors/Managers on program marketing and special initiatives.
16. Assist with managing donor/volunteer database and correspondence with donor/volunteers as needed.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
• Identify the diverse needs of the communities served working collaboratively with community partners to “fill in gaps”.
• Maintains professional leadership role for clients, families, team and community.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Minimum bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, non-profit development or related field. Five years of experience in grant writing, fundraising or non-profit in lieu of degree.
Experience in marketing/public relations, grant writing, event coordination, a plus. Strong communication and proposal writing skills. Must be confident conducting community presentations and building relationships with local and state level stakeholders.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Accomplished manager of time and stress as well as ability to delegate effectively.
• Prioritize and complete tasks in timely fashion.
• Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently to achieve job responsibilities.
• Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and other productivity software.
• English/Spanish bi-lingual a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Manual dexterity needed for computer and phone work
• The physical environment requires the employee to work primarily inside, in temperature-controlled conditions. Some noise and interruptions are present.
• Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
• May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
Community Outreach & Development Manager Position Description Page 3
• An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
• Travel within the state and out-of-state may be required