DEPT/PROGRAM: Early Childhood Services /Home Visiting
REPORTS TO: Home Visiting Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the implementation of home visiting services for parents/families (prenatal through age 3 years) following a designated curriculum to enrich attachment between parent and child.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct home visits to meet the needs of families. Home visits to be scheduled at times convenient for the family.
2. Conduct evaluations and assessments as outlined in CYFD Home Visiting Standards.
3. Connect families to resources and information about local and state early childhood programs and services.
4. Coordinate with other community providers as appropriate.
5. Follow program curriculum, Partners for Healthy Baby
6. Maintain family case records in the database: Ensures that all notes, assessment data, and other data base entries are accurate and up-to-date and entered within 2 working days of the home visit, and provide timely and accurate reports
7. Maintain database as described in CYFD Home Visiting Standards.
8. Participate in file reviews and self audits to ensure ongoing compliance with federal/state mandates.
a. Maintain compliance as identified by the NM Children Youth and Families Department Home Visiting Program.
b. Participation in Trainings as identified by the CYFD Home Visiting Program
c. Implementation of quality practices that adhere to state and federal mandates.
9. Maintain cooperative and effective working relationships within the community stakeholders and early childhood providers.
10. Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy, state and federal law.
11. Maintain professionalism for clients, families, team and community. Must maintain professional boundaries in accordance with best practices.
12. Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and other trainings/certifications as required.
13. Must be comfortable with providing home visiting services in the child’s home.
14. Must Adhere to all contractual obligations.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Marriage and Family Counseling, Infant Family Studies, or in a related field
• Infant Mental Health Endorsement or ability to achieve endorsement within 2 years
• Minimum of 2-year experience in early childhood education, human services, or related field. Preferred experience working in early childhood education, parent education, or provider support.
• Experience working with prenatal women and/or families of young children ages 0-3 years.
• Experience working with children and families within their home setting.
• Experience working with a web-based data system
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Maintain professionalism for families and community providers. Must maintain professional boundaries in accordance with best practices.
• Must be creative and flexible to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities. Aptitude to handle multiple changing priorities.
• Strong organizational skills, including time management.
• Requires current knowledge of principles and practices of early childhood development, parent-child attachment, infant mental health
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work positively with diverse populations
• Must be able to handle assignment subject to stringent deadlines
• Ability to operate a variety of computer software programs
• Bilingual in English/Spanish-Preferred
Early Childhood Services-Home Visitor Page 3
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
• Position requires going into client’s homes
• May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
• An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
• Travel within the state and out-of-state may be required
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to the role. It does not imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor/Director. All requirements are subject to change over time.