POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for assisting with the oversight of the referral, assessment and enrollment process and mentoring/coaching new and current Home Visitors. Responsible for the coordination of Home Visiting services and provide instruction through home visiting services. Employee will work under the supervision of Home Visiting Program Manager.
Lead Home Visitor
1. Act as Home Visitor Lead, participate in trainings to support Home Visitors. Support the Home Visiting referral, assessment, and enrollment process; work with and support the HV team.
2. Act as support to manager in outreach, outreach presentations and outreach material.
3. Assist HV Program Manager in the orientation of new Home Visitors.
4. Provide coaching and mentorship to new and existing Home Visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct home visits to meet the needs of families. Home visits to be scheduled at times convenient for the family.
2. Conduct evaluations and assessments as outlined in CYFD Home Visiting Standards.
3. Connect families to resources and information about local and state early childhood programs and services.
4. Coordinate with other community providers as appropriate.
5. Follow program curriculum; Partners for Healthy Baby
6. Maintain family case records in the database: Insures that all notes, assessment data, and other data base entries are accurate and up-to-date and entered within 2 working days of the home visit, and provide timely and accurate reports
7. Maintain database as described in CYFD Home Visiting Standards.
8. Participate in file reviews and self audits to ensure ongoing compliance with federal/state mandates.
a. Maintain compliance as identified by the NM Children Youth and Families Department Home Visiting Program.
b. Participation in Trainings as identified by the CYFD Home Visiting Program
c. Implementation of quality practices that adhere to state and federal mandates.
9. Maintain cooperative and effective working relationships within the community stakeholders and early childhood providers.
10. Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy, state and federal
11. Maintain professionalism for clients, families, team and community. Must maintain
professional boundaries in accordance with best practices.
12. Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and other trainings/certifications as required.
13. Must be comfortable with providing home visiting services in the child’s home.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend agency staff meetings
• Attend program staff meetings
• Participate in community outreach efforts.
• Attend quarterly home-visiting trainings/meetings
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Director of Early Childhood Services
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Family Studies, Early Childhood or related field.
Minimum of 2 years Home Visiting experience.
• Infant Mental Health Endorsement or ability to achieve endorsement
• Minimum of 2 year experience in early childhood education, human services, or related
field. Preferred experience working in early childhood education, parent education, or
• Experience working with prenatal women and/or families of young children ages 0-3 years.
• Experience working with children and families within their home setting.
• Experience working with a web-based data system
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Maintain professionalism for families and community providers. Must maintain professional
boundaries in accordance with best practices.
• Must be creative and flexible to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and
opportunities. Aptitude to handle multiple changing priorities.
• Strong organizational skills, including time management.
• Requires current knowledge of principles and practices of early childhood development,
parent-child attachment, infant mental health
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work positively with diverse populations
• Must be able to handle assignment subject to stringent deadlines
• Ability to operate a variety of computer software programs
• Bilingual in English/Spanish-Preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally
required to lift up to 25 pounds
• Position requires going into client’s homes
• May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
• An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current
automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
• Travel within the state and out-of-state may be required