POSITION SUMMARY: Design, implement, evaluate, and conduct activities in the Early Learning Center that promote the social, cultural, and developmentally appropriate educational growth of children. Directly supervises Child Care Lead Educator, ELC Administrative Assistant and Mixed PreK and Early PreK Teachers. Must provide ongoing support to Kitchen Supervisor and Kitchen Staff. Early Learning Center Manager is responsible for overall day to day operation of the center and implements program policies and procedures. Tracks and monitors agency and state regulations/policies to ensure compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Design, implement and organize daily and long-range activities for the Early Learning Center including classroom coverage.
2. Provides ongoing support to Kitchen Supervisor and Food Program; including kitchen coverage if needed.
3. Provides supervision, guidance, training and mentoring to teaching staff, and operates as Lead Educator for staff. Conduct performance evaluation for teaching staff.
4. Provides orientation and training for newly hired program staff, recruit and hire qualified and professional staff that meet all state and local requirements.
5. Ensures daily learning / learning areas meet the standards of the program curriculum and guidelines. Complete required assessments and monitoring of classrooms using ECERS.
6. Works with classroom educators to set goals (CQI) and develop methods to improve classroom operations.
7. Assists with the oversight of quality assurance.
8. Works with families regularly and serves as a parent liaison for classroom issues.
9. Provides ongoing data to director for necessary reporting requirements
10. Assists with marketing efforts and community outreach to promote center and maintain enrollment of classrooms.
11. Knowledgeable in the use of ProCare and EPICS databases.
12. Must complete minimum of 24 hours of relevant training per year.
13. Responsible for compliance with Early Childhood Education & Care Department (ECECD) regulations, FOCUS guidelines and federal requirements. Assist and monitor all licensing requirements and recommend plan of action to ensure requirements are met.
14. Maintains current CPR, First Aid and other trainings/certifications as required
15. Responsible for follow up/corrective action needed as a result of Quality Assurance team reviews
16. Completes and evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals (Focus on Excellence).
17. Member of the agency health and safety committee.
Early Learning Center Manager Page 2
18. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy, state and federal law.
19. Responsible for creating an environment of professionalism and accountability.
20. Must ensure the center is operating in a safe and productive manner.
21. Must create an environment where families are engaged, supported and children’s individual strengths are celebrated, valued, and recognized.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in professional development activities and opportunities
• Participates in agency leadership meetings.
• Ensures required paperwork and reports are submitted in timely manner.
• Completes all appropriate paperwork and in a timely manner including (but not limited to) time sheets, expense reports and Focus on Excellence.
• Responds to licensing and auditing requirements in a timely manner.
• Attends agency meetings as directed and ensures staff participate or are well informed about agency updates.
• Schedules and facilitates department meetings such as consultation meetings, written agenda/ meetings.
• Is responsible for creating a culture of collaboration, engagement and support for both staff and early learning center families.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Director of Early Learning Center and Executive Director.
Directly supervises Early Learning Center Lead Educator Assistant, Early Learning Center Administrative Assistant, Mixed and Early PreK Lead Teachers and Mixed and Early PreK Assistants. Must provide ongoing support to Kitchen Supervisor and Kitchen Staff.
• Minimum of AA in Early Childhood Education working towards BA.
• Minimum of three years teaching experience with children 0-6 years. Three years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience working in childcare setting with familiarity of childcare management & operations.
• Completion of 45 hour and FOCUS trainings, (La Vida will offer this training upon hire).
Early Learning Center Manager Page 3
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ensures the health and safety of all children by adhering to all federal, state and agency regulations
• Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and other productivity software.
• Abides by federal, state and agency confidentiality regulations
• Ability to objectively assess and respond to emergency and day-to-day situations
• Demonstrates strong organizational skill, including time management.
• Must posses strong writing skills.
• Effective communicator who creates a community of inclusion and support for staff and families.
• Ability to lead a team of professionals.
• Willingness to enhance skills, knowledge, and training in early childhood development.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with and support a team of professionals and work independently.
• Ability to take constructive feedback and demonstrates an ability and desire to learn all facets of running an early learning center.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, families and others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Manual dexterity needed for computer and phone work
• The physical environment requires the employee to work inside the classroom, in temperature-controlled conditions and outside as determined by the classroom schedule.
• Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
• May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
• An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
• Travel within the state and out-of-state may be required