Under general supervision assists the Kitchen Supervisor in coordinating the activities of all food service personnel. Activities include meal preparation, clean up, food storage, contractual paper work and safety. Responsible for ensuring that licensing regulations are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensures all meals are prepared according to prescribed safety standards and meet nutritional requirements.
2. Adheres to safety protocols with respect to the handling and storage of food items, maintenance and care of equipment and supplies, and proper usage of equipment and supplies.
3. Compliance with proper and recommended cleaning procedures for the kitchen, kitchen equipment and supplies
4. Compliance with all mandated training as required by funders
5. Other duties and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
6. Consistently demonstrates professional and courteous behavior toward clients, co-workers, vendors, and community members and demonstrates respect for their opinions, judgment, and capabilities.
7. Carry out tasks quickly and competently.
8. Ability to follow instructions and work in a team.
9. Set priorities and effectively manage time while maintaining a high level of productivity
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
Education and/or Experience
▪ High School Diploma or GED preferred.
▪ Minimum of one-year related experience required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
▪ Nutritious cooking and food preparation skills
▪ Cultural competence
▪ Strong organizational skills
▪ Constructive interpersonal communication skills
▪ Basic computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel)
▪ Understand and demonstrate agency Confidentiality and HIPAA privacy practices
▪ Ability to read, analyze and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity in verbal and written formats. Ability to speak directly with others and engage in problem-resolution.
▪ Ability to observe behavior and appropriately intervene in situations posing a threat to children. Ability to work independently and participate effectively within interdisciplinary teams. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and consider several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
▪ Clear Criminal Records Clearance – required
▪ Current First Aid/CPR Certification – required
▪ Defensive Driver Certificate
▪ Completion of Cook’s Academy through Food Program preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the person in this position, in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms: and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The usual work routine may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works on-site in a kitchen environment with a noise level that ranges from moderate to loud.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to the role. It does not imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor/Director. All requirements are subject to change over time.