DEPT/PROGRAM: DD Waiver/Community Inclusion Department #2
REPORTS TO: DD Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt LAST REVISED: October 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Working closely with individuals with developmental disabilities to integrate and participate within the community. Ensure the health and safety of individuals served. Complete all necessary paperwork.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to utilize personal automobile; have a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
- Assists the program participants with daily functioning and activities as needed to encourage community activity
- Implement ISP and support client’s needs
- Support individual to create connections within the community
- Work one on one with participants in activities within the community to encourage and facilitate participation.
- Assist participants as needed in all activities including positioning, ambulating and personal hygiene.
- Assist DD Program Manager &/or Director of Adult Services in completing all quarterly reports and annual reports for all participants
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Must maintain CPR, First Aid and other trainings/certifications as required.
- Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy and state and federal law
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client ratio of 1:1
- Maintains all required documentation in the participants’ files.
- Makes recommendations to DD Program Manager &/or Director of Adult Services on possible modifications to improve and expand community based activities
- Attends all agency meetings as well as state training, information sessions and public meetings applicable to the program.
- Able to transport individuals in personal vehicle
- Perform all other duties as assigned as needed
The employee is directly responsible for discovering opportunities to support the individual within the community. Must be able to handle medical and behavioral problems as they may arise with individuals. Must also maintain a positive impression of La Vida services within the community.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months to a year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 18 years of age or older
- Knowledge and understanding of the DD Waiver Standards
- Demonstrable organizational skills, including time management.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- English/Spanish bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to participate as a team member in a flexible and cooperative manner
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Manual dexterity needed for computer and phone work
- The physical environment requires the employee work indoors and out, in temperature controlled and uncontrolled with respect to adverse conditions. Noise is to be expected.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child/adult abuse or neglect
- Travel within the state may be required