POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for organization, lesson planning, and implementation of required state regulations for the assigned classroom. Conducts activities age and developmentally appropriate that promote the social development and educational growth of the individuals in the assigned classroom.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Create and conduct lesson plans.
2. Ensure classroom ratio requirements are met.
3. Responsible for maintaining FOCUS requirements including developing and implementing CQI’s and portfolio building.
4. Monitors children’s health, safety and physical needs and reports them to ELC Manager as needed.
5. Compiles observation documentation for each child in the classroom.
6. Communicates regularly with parents about children’s progress or needs.
7. Maintains cleanliness and safety of toys and equipment used by children in and out of the classroom to include disinfecting of all toys as instructed.
8. Maintaining cleanliness of the classroom. Sweeping/mopping of floors, cleaning/disinfecting of tables and chairs, and cleaning of restroom during children’s naptime.
9. Must complete 24 hours of ongoing early childhood education training per year to comply with ECECD regulations.
10. Must complete one course toward the NM Child Development Certificate in accordance with FOCUS requirements. Complete all required FOCUS trainings within 90 days of hire.
11. Must have a professional Development Plan in place which is updated annually.
12. Maintains current CPR, First Aid and other trainings/certifications as required
13. Must complete and maintain all certifications/trainings specific to La Vida Felicidad and the FOCUS program.
14. Is familiar with and adheres to all ECECD licensing regulations.
15. Maintains professional demeanor and is a role model for children.
16. Demonstrates effective oral and written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
17. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy, state and federal law.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attends all department/staff scheduled meetings.
• Must be willing to assist children with general hygiene including toileting and diapering.
• Must be willing to work with all age groups of children in the facility.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Early Learning Center Manager or Early Learning Center Director.
• Minimum of 1 year of Early Childhood training and/or experience with children age 6 weeks to 6 years.
• High School Diploma or GED. Completion of child care 45 hour entry level course preferred.
• AA or BA Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to document professionally.
• Time management
• Ability to operate computer and successfully perform data entry.
• Is knowledgeable of NM State child Care Regulations
• Is knowledgeable of with NM FOCUS Requirements
• Can maintain a functioning safe and interactive classroom
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Manual dexterity needed for computer and phone work
• The physical environment requires the employee work indoors and out, in temperature controlled and uncontrolled with respect to adverse conditions. Noise is to be expected.
• Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
• May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening s. (currently until 6pm however this may change in the future).
• Must have an automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect