POSITION SUMMARY: Conducts activities that are developmentally appropriate and that promote the social development and educational growth of the individuals in his/her assigned classroom.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contributes to and conducts classroom activities.
2. Monitors children’s health, safety, and physical needs and reports them to the Early Learning Center Manager as needed.
3. Compiles observation documentation for each child in the classroom.
4. Maintains cleanliness and safety of toys and equipment used by children in and out of the classroom.
5. Communicates regularly with parents/guardians about children’s progress or needs.
6. Must complete 24 hours of ongoing early childhood education training per year to comply with ECECD regulations.
7. Must complete and maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
8. Must complete and maintain all certifications/trainings specific to La Vida Felicidad and the FOCUS program.
9. Is familiar with and adheres to all ECECD and FOCUS regulations.
10. Maintains a professional demeanor and is a role model for children.
11. Demonstrates effective oral and written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
12. Maintains current CPR, First Aid, and other trainings/certifications as required
13. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy, state and federal law.
14. Attends department/staff scheduled meetings.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be willing to assist children with general hygiene including toileting and diapering.
• Must be willing to work with all age groups of children in the facility.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Early Learning Center Manager, Lead Educator or Director of Early Childhood Services
• Attend Child Care staff meetings as directed
• Minimum of 1 year of Early Childhood training and/or experience with children 6weeks to 6 years.
• High School Diploma or GED. Completion of childcare 45-hour entry-level course preferred; completion of FOCUS trainings preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to document professionally.
• Time management
• Ability to operate computer and successfully perform data entry.
• Is knowledgeable of NM State child Care Regulations
• Is knowledgeable of with NM FOCUS Requirements
• Can maintain a functioning safe and interactive classroom
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Manual dexterity needed for computer and phone work
• The physical environment requires the employee to work indoors and out, temperature-controlled and uncontrolled with respect to adverse conditions. Noise is to be expected.
• Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to be on the floor with children.
• May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening s. (currently until 6pm however this may change in the future).
• Must have an automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect