POSITION SUMMARY: Provides housekeeping, meal preparation, non-medical personal
care, and local transportation (shop, doctor appts., pick-up Rx’s, pay bills)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide home management and maintenance including light housekeeping, make beds,
change linens, wash dishes, laundry, and routine maintenance of the consumer’s home.
2. Transport client to appointments if required by individual service plan and preform errands
and shopping necessary for the maintenance of the consumer’s home.
3. Provide assistance with personal hygiene to assure comfort, cleanliness, and appearance of
4. Provide assistance with consumer’s mobility to and from point “A” to point “B”.
5. Assist in meal preparation and eating as determined by individual service plan or personal
6. Assist with self-administered medic ation, prompting and reminding only.
7. Be observant of the consumers change in behaviors/actions and promptly report significant
changes to the supervisor. All other observations should be documented.
8. Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIP AA, L VF policy, state and federal law.
9. Maintain current CPR/FA and other trainings/certification as required.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete and submit required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Preform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
• Must have ability to work independently in the consumers’ home.
• Must have ability to communicate and have clear boundaries with confidential consumer
• Must have basic home management; housekeeping, cooking, and documentation skills
• Must successfully complete all required training (CPR/FA, lifting and body mechanics,
HIPP A, Incident management and all required trainings).
• Must have a negative TB test.
• Must have an automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NM driver’s license
and a current automobile liability policy and continuous coverage
• Must have general experience in activities of daily living (ADL’ S) and instrumental
activities of daily living (IADL”s)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• English/Spanish bilingual a plus.
• Organizational skills.
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal
All services are provided in the consumer’s home; our goal is to prevent abuse, neglect,
exploitation and premature institutionalization by providing in home support necessary for
consumers to remain in their homes and live with dignity
• The physical environment requires the employee to work primarily inside. Some noise
and interruptions are present.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and have full range of motion.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
• No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
• Travel within the local community.